A live journal documenting one man’s attempt to complete the world’s most-demanding challenges, see the most remote parts of the planet and support innovative good causes.
Scroll down to see the full list that he aims to complete in his lifetime.
The Hiatus List (as at 22 April 2019)
- Running -
1. Run a sub-3:30 marathon
It’s been a few years since I was fast enough to hit this goal, so I’m going to focus on building speed, shredding unnecessary weight and try to keep up this skill.
2. Run a sub 45-minute 10km
As part of Goal number one, I need to be able to maintain a decent 10km time – so this is a good indicator of how my running fitness is doing at the time.
3. Run the 100-mile Patagonia man race (Argentina)
Not that I need a good reason to visit Patagonia, but a 100-mile race through the mountains would be incredible challenge to complete. Just have to nail the 100-mile distance before I think about lining this up.
- TRAVEL -
1. Visit every country in the world (All 197 of them)
2. Visit Shackleton’s hut in Cape Royds, Antarctica.
3. Visit the Nemruts mountains in Southern Turkey
- CLIMBING -
1. Climb the Matterhorn
2. Climb Commando ridge in Cornwall
3. Summit the Noshaq in Afghanistan
4. Explorers grand slam: 7 highest mountains and 3 poles (Everest is the third pole)